Tentative Tournament Schedule
Line-up will not occur before the appointed time and competition may start immediately at the line-up time. Competitors will be permitted to be at the set up, lobby and vendor areas only. Spectator areas are for spectators only. For any problems, please see the tournament administration committee. Coaches are not permitted in the competition area. Officials may not coach. If you see an infraction occur, please inform the chief referee immediately.
- 10:00 am: Line-up all age groups and divisions for Iaido and Chanbara. Note: There is no edged weapons kata, just Iaido - but only Daito permitted.) Chanbara will be first starting with Youth competition with other divisions starting as soon as the age groups complete the Chanbara competition.
- 11:30 am: Line-up for all individual 10 years old and under competitors for Weapons Kata followed by Kata and then Kumite right after one another in same ring.
- Noon to 12:30 pm: Weigh in for kilo kumite Divisions
- 12:30 pm: Line-up for all individual 11 - 14 year old competitors for Weapons Kata followed by Kata and then Kumite right after one another in same ring and WKF Kata Division (which is advanced only. Note eligibility requirements for WKF Kata.)
- 1:30 pm: Line-up for all individual 15 - 20 year old competitors for Weapons Kata followed Kata and then Kumite right after one another in same ring.
- 1:00 pm: Opening Ceremonies and introductions, demonstrations.
- 2:30 pm: Line-up for all Team Events.
- 3:30 pm: Line-up for all individual senior adult (age 35 and over) divisions for Weapons Kata followed by Kata and then Kumite.
- 4:00 pm: Line-up for all individual adult divisions (age 21-35) for Weapons Kata followed by
Kata and then Kumite.
- 4:00 pm: Line-up youth team exhibitions, performance and special events.
- 4:30 pm Line-up for Anderson Cup – all events
The above is our attempt to set a firm schedules for the Nationals. We hope it will cut the time that you will be waiting around and will expedite the overall affair. We will not start the divisions before their appointed time so that you do not have to come before then. We do not guaranty that the division will start at its appointed time. We don't want the competition floor or spectator area clogged with competitors waiting for their turn to perform. The Competitor Setup Area up will be in a separate room off the gymnasium.